Sunday, July 12, 2015

Lewis Family Reunion 2015

We had a lot of fun at the Lewis family reunion! I'm just disappointed I didn't take more pictures!
The reunion was so great! Those who planned it did a fantastic job! I'm not sure who all helped plan it, but I know for sure my dad's Aunt Ginny and her daughter Amy did a lot of it.
The first day started out at a park. There were so many fun activities set up! A huge slip 'n slide, horse shoes, volleyball, and then the fun playground that was there! Tyler and I got up there a little after my family. When we got there the sky was overcast with big dark clouds, which were getting darker fast, and it was getting windy. It started raining and the canopies that were set up were about to be blown away, so we packed everything up and went to the church building by the park. It was such a bummer that we got rained out. The set up at the park was so fun!! 
At the church building, everyone set up tables and hung out until more people arrived. From there, each child of Lloyd and Dorothea Lewis went up with their kids and grand kids to introduce each family. It was cool seeing each family in their coordinated shirts...and seeing how similar those cousins looked! I think if no one wore coordinating shirts, I still could've had a pretty good guess on who all were together.

The second day there was a mini carnival set up in the gym at the stake center! There was a huge bouncy obstacle course and sumo wrestling! In a bunch of classrooms there were different activities to do, like writing down family recipes, writing to family members who were out serving a mission, board/card games, and a slide show of old pictures!
Later on that day there was a magic show, dinner, then slide show of more pictures!

The third day was just breakfast at a church building down in Highland. I was so glad it was in Highland! Highland is much closer to us than South Jordan is!
I can't wait for the next Lewis family reunion!


Tyler was a good sport. He's not into big social events, but he happily came with me each day!
The first 2 days were Thursday and Friday, so I picked Tyler up from work each of those days and went straight to the reunion. He looks tired in this photo cause he had been up since 4am!






Gemma was having a ball walking around! It was this day that she took the most steps all in a row!







I love our t-shirts! All children, grandchildren and great grandchildren of Douglas Lewis Sr. got these red shirts, which Rachel happened to design! I think they turned out so cute!
Gemma's was a bit big on her. The smallest size available was size 2-4. LOL. We made it work.... :)


Rachel and I signed up to do the sumo wrestling, I need to track down the people who took pictures and a video of our match so I can put them on here! It was pretty funny! ...Aaaaand kind of nasty. The insides of those suits were sweaty and stinky! We went right after 2 big guys went, so it was even worse haha!! 





Here are a bunch of pictures my mom/dad took with their phones! 













Douglas Stanford Lewis Sr.'s  descendants
3 kids. 20 grandchildren. 25 great-grandchildren (As of right now).
Kim + Matt
Rachel - Ella, Jack, Lilly, Lila
Sarah - Ethan, Matthew, Liam, Anderson
Aaron - Lucy, Benny, Elenora
Adam - Kylie, Chyler
Samuel - Gabriel, Judah, Christian
Bizzy - Jet, Leo, Rosalie
Mary - Harvey, Scarlett
Jacob
Anna
Neinah

Doug  + Karla
Alissa - Highland
Blake - Cooper, Milo
Sami - Gemma
Abby
Chloe
Jared
Maisy
Aaron

Jared + Sara
Hunter
Emma
My grandpa's oldest grandchild is 33, and his youngest is (almost) 10! And his oldest great-grandchild is 12!...while the youngest is 3 months!