Sunday, July 5, 2015

Gemma - Eleven Months

Ah! Almost a year old!!


In the last month, Gemma....

-took her first step! A day later, she took a step again! Then, a few days before turning 11 months old, she took 4 steps in a row! And now, anytime I stand her up, she'll walk up to 6 steps before falling down! AHH!! 

-went swimming for the first time! She LOVED it. Like...too much. She won't sit in a floaty for long, and if she's in my arms, she tries to get out of them! I bought a tiny inflatable pool for her and she loves it! She splash splash splashes like crazy!

-has noticeably become more coordinated with her hands. She feeds herself with ease, and even knows how to drink from a cup, though she's not good at it yet. 

-has moved to her own room! We moved her crib into her bedroom and for the last week, she has slept in there every night!

-got her ears pierced! She did so good! Hardly cried! She was most upset at me holding her still so she couldn't move while it was happening. 

-learned peekaboo...kinda! She puts her hands on the sides of her head and she'll lower her head, I think so she can't see whoever she's playing with. It's so so cute!

-learned how to climb up on the couch! This one is a little bit of a bummer for me because when I needed to get something done, I would just set her in the living room area, put something in between both our couches and she would just crawl around on the floor playing with toys. Now that she climbs on the couch I can't do that anymore cause she'll crawl off the sides and fall, or she'll mess with (and inevitably break) the blinds for our sliding glass door. 




It's amazing- watching this little girl's personality develop. She already has a sense of humor and I'm in love with it! 
It's fascinating, seeing her make new connections and becoming more aware. It's crazy what little babies can actually understand, things going on around them. I'll start telling Tyler about something she did earlier and I won't even use her name, but she looks right at me, then at Tyler because she totally knows we're talking about her.

We are excited for the month of July! I'm interested to see how Gemma does with all the fireworks!