Saturday, August 1, 2015

Gemma in Wonderland

Since the moment I decided on Gemma's birthday party theme, I knew I wanted to have a small photo shoot of her dressed up as Alice. It took me forever to find a blue dress! I just happened upon this one single blue dress among a bunch of other dresses at Kohls! And in her size! I got so lucky!! After I found the dress, my mom and I found a pattern and fabric for the apron and my mom made it in less than a day! It turned out perfect!!

Gemma loved walking around the yard holding that bucket and paint brush. 







So, I was snapping pictures of Gemma, when she began putting the paintbrush in the bucket, then touching the tree, then putting the paintbrush back in the bucket, then touching the tree with it again, and she did that 3 times in a row! I turned to Tyler and asked "uhh...do you see this? Is it just me or does it look like she actually knows what to do?!"
He agreed; it really did look like she was "painting the roses" kinda...
Seriously we were freaking out, though. What's crazy is it's not like she saw me painting those roses a week beforehand. If I knew she saw me painting them, then I would just assume she was copying me. But seriously...what the heck?
Haha! We had a good laugh, cause...what are the odds that she would decide to play with the paintbrush in just the right way at just the right time for these pictures?















Gemma loved playing with this teapot! She kept taking the lid off and putting it back on, even if it was upside-down! 









She knew just what to do when I handed her that teacup!






















She didn't like that I set her down there. 

And she really didn't like me setting her by that lion statue! I'm surprised I got a picture of a straight face and not of her crying! 

This property was PERFECT for the shoot. It was exactly what I had in mind and the owners were really nice and let me take pictures wherever I wanted! 
I wanted to get a picture of Gemma with one of the geese, but she was clinging to me like crazy! She was super scared of them!!

Doing a themed photo shoot was so much fun! I want to do more of them...I just gotta think of some ideas!




After the shoot...before getting back into normal clothes.