Sunday, December 14, 2014

Gingerbread houses & St. Lucia

St. Lucia day is December 13th. So on that day we went over to the Orr's house to have a mini procession of our own along with a dinner of Swedish Meatballs, mashed potatoes, gravy and Lingonberry jam....all from Ikea of course! Hahah! 
Earlier that day, we decorated gingerbread houses!

Lilly first smiled for me, then wanted to pose like she was eating her gingerbread christmas tree!






Jacob and Stacey made this amazing house! I helped a little too! (Fence and snow was my idea, and I made the sledding hill and "dog" house.)

Aunt Kimi's house is on the left! I love her chimney and roof the most! The one on the right is one of my houses. I bought a kit of 5 mini houses!

These two little houses are mine too!

Neinah's awesome "log" cabin! This might be my favorite, actually...


The procession!

Jack was NOT smiling for pictures (see the far right pic of him scowling- hahaha!) UNTIL, I bribed him with "all the change I have in my wallet." Right when I said that he smiled for us. hahah what a stinker!




Lila really liked sucking on her candle and Gemma just stared at everyone the whole time.



Jack wanted me to take a picture of him holding a lantern! Hahah!
And on the right is a Swedish angel chime! I LOVED watching these growing up! My goal is to get a couple this coming Christmas!




And here is my angel all dressed up!! For the program I had her wear her jammies, but decided to have her wear the full outfit for our little program! (Got another use out of her blessing dress- Score!!)

Later on, Rachel and I put our babies in matching jammies! It's hard getting a good picture of toddlers and babies. Oh well. Still cute!
All Lila wanted to do was kiss Gemma! So sweet! I love how much Rachel's girls love Gemma! Can't wait til Gemma is the same size (it won't take long for Gemma to catch up) and they can all play together!