Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Disneyland: Day One

Mid-May was pretty amazing. I had been planning this trip since early January, and it was finally here!!  Corey, Tyler and I got work off, purchased tickets, packed up the car and made our way to...


We left for our trip on Thursday after I got off work, and made it down to Vegas around 10pm. Our original plan was to stay with Tyler's Aunt and Uncle down there, but we realized where they lived was way out of our way! So I called my cousin, Jeanie, to see if we could stay with her, knowing they didn't live too far from I-15. Thankfully, my cousins were home, and willing to take us in!
So we got to their house and pretty much went straight to bed!
The next morning, we woke up to crepes and adorable kids! After eating breakfast and playing for a little bit, we hit the road again! Next stop: Our hotel!
Well, technically, the mall. I needed a new swimsuit -bad. So we stopped at the first mall we saw after entering L.A.   
After taking [not joking here] more than 40 mins to decide between two swimsuits, I finally chose one and we left to go to our hotel. After getting settled in, we went to dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings, then saw The Avengers in IMAX 3D! It was AWESOME! [and actually the second time we had seen it!]

 Us outside our hotel

After the evening out, we went back to the hotel and crashed.

Next morning: DISNEYLAND!!
My original plan for the 3-day Disneyland trip was to use our early admission pass the first day, leave my camera at the hotel [so I wouldn't have to tote it around or chance it getting wet on certain rides], and run amok from ride to ride. EXCEPT, we got up a little too late to use the early admission, but no problem- we still were able to go on a lot of rides. Here are just a few pics from the first day. [All from my phone because I didn't bring in my camera]

I don't know why Tyler didn't have a picture in front :(

 I LOVE the guy in the back with his hands up. So funny!!

Tower of Terror was AMAZING of course! Corey was absolutely terrified, it was hilarious!! I was simultaneously screaming from fright and laughing hysterically at his reaction during the entire ride! I seriously laughed so hard, I was near sobbing, and had almost no energy to get up after the ride. It was awesome! Luckily, we had gotten fast passes so we could return to that ride about 2 hours later...though...Corey only went on the ride after we begged and bribed him with dinner to go on again. Seriously...he made that ride so much more entertaining. 
This was our second time on. Corey insisted on sitting in between Tyler and I as punishment for making him ride again...[and I think he was scared to be on the end! hahaha]
While we were in the library-type room where they play the Twilight Zone video, Corey warned the other riders that if they heard crying during the ride, it would be coming from him. He was so nervous, it was great!
So this time around, we wanted to do something fun for the camera- so we decided on the Three Wise Monkeys...Tyler was a second too late- darn].
After the ride, Corey admitted that it was the anticipation of the ride that turned out to be scarier than the ride itself. Baby.


 Tyler is pretending to be a spoiled brat! hahah and Corey is overjoyed to be in Disneyland for the first time!

Squished in a seashell for Ariel's Undersea Adventure! [we barely fit!]
[I made so many attempts to get a good picture...hard to do!]




After a long day of fun rides and aching feet, we went back to our hotel for dinner and to get sweaters to prepare for the fireworks in Disneyland. This time I brought along my camera!
 Watching the fireworks!!





Walking back to the hotel. 


First Day: Success. 
What we learned: WEAR TENNIS SHOES! Get there early. Pretty much every ride is fine to bring my camera onto.