Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Gemma - Twelve Months


I HAVE A ONE YEAR OLD!!! 
It's seriously insane how fast this year went. Actually, even the last (almost) two years!! I swear it feels like I JUST found out I was pregnant with her! My pregnancy just flew by and so did Gemma's first year! It's bittersweet. I am sad with how fast she's growing up, and I kinda miss that little newborn, but on the other hand, she is so stinking fun. I am absolutely in love with her little personality and who knew they could have senses of humor so young?! I didn't!! 



What a blessing this angel has been in our lives!! The joy Gemma brings us is almost overwhelming! 

I love every moment with this little girl! Seriously...even the times she's being a little stinker, I can't be mad. I mean, just look at that face! 


Gemma is now walking! Her first step was some time the end of June, then a few days later she took another step. By this time she could stand by herself after using something to help pull herself up. July 2 we took her to get her ears pierced (she did great! Cried a little, but I think she was more mad at me for holding her still). After getting her ears pierced we went to my parents and hung out for a bit, where she took 4 steps in a row! For a week or so after that, we would stand her up and have her take steps towards us. Mid-July she decided she wanted to walk everywhere! 


For a long time I had to be careful with feeding Gemma. If I gave her something (like a part of a banana, carrot, etc). to take bites of she usually shoved the whole thing in her mouth and start choking. Now she's much much better and I don't die of anxiety when I give her something like a graham cracker! Occasionally I feed her baby food still, but mostly I just give her bits of what I'm eating. She also still takes a bottle twice a day.


For a while now, Gemma has been sleeping in her crib in her own room each night. Around 5am she wakes up and I just put her in my bed to sleep the rest of the night(morning). At that point, Tyler is gone at work so there's room for Gemma to sleep all crazy in my bed. And then I get to wake up to her cute little face staring and smiling at me! I totally love it!!


Gemma knows how to give kisses and every time she kisses me I feel like exploding! Sometimes she will even push mine and Tyler's faces together cause she likes it when we kiss!!

She loves baby dolls now. She will hold hers and make a sighing noise like "awww".
She plays peekaboo. Pattycake. 
When she hears a song she likes she totally sings to it!! 
She hums when I turn on lullabies for her to fall asleep to.
Dances to any catchy song!
Favorite movie is still Beauty and the Beast. Favorite show is Sofia the First. She mostly loves the theme songs at the beginning of each episode!
When I comb Gemma's hair or put a bow in it, she makes this squinty smiling face each time cause she knows I'm about to say "ooooh, cute!!!" She totally gets flattered and it's adorable.
For a while now she's been able to climb down off the couch and my bed. She climbs up stairs but still hasn't nailed the coming down part. 



I love this dolly with all my heart. I have always been happy in my life, but none of the joy I have ever experienced compares to the joy I feel with Gemma as my daughter.
What an amazing first year it's been with her, and I know it will only get better!
Happy birthday, my sweetheart!