Saturday, December 31, 2011

Bailey Christmas Party 2011

Holy Cow, I am so behind! Here is yet another attempt to catch up! 
-----
Each year, the Bailey's throw an Ugly Sweater Christmas party, but we've never been to one, cause they lived in Arizona up until this past year! So I was way excited when Rachel told me she was continuing the tradition!
Preparation:
Immediately, I started my hunt for the perfect ugly sweater. Which, of course, means a few trips to the D.I.! [It's pretty much exactly like Goodwill]. They always have the best selection! [Provo's has a WAY bigger selection than American Fork's- for future reference].
So, it turned out I was much pickier than I thought I would be, also, it seemed everyone and their dog were going to an ugly sweater party, so, even though there were a ton of ugly sweaters, there weren't many Christmas-y ones left. So after much deliberation, I decided to go with a gross green zip up, and found Tyler a terribly misshaped and shrunken sweater with a little girl's powder-blue turtleneck underneath. He looked absolutely dashing.
To top off my outfit, I wore costume beads and tacky jingle-bell earrings that Erin and I found at Wal-Mart. ...To think some women wear those types of earrings for real...
Party time:
The usual- good food, cute decorations. The unusual- hideous outfits.
The best part of this party? The photo booth and the white elephant gift exchange! Rachel set up a little studio in her dining area with a Christmas wrapping paper backdrop and cheesy props [including some awesome glasses I got from DI]. And of course the white elephant gift exchange was hilarious! There were some random gifts! For example, a home drug test, a t-shirt that says "i pooped today," a terrible mantle clock with a picture of the Last Supper [we provided that one], and a massive back massager that everyone fought over.
Here are a few pics from the party